Sunday, July 30, 2006

Anxiety, patience and 20k ...

Earlier I had written about the campus recruitment drives in our college. This one is yet another post where I share my experience during the campus recruitment process of a company called 'Aztec Soft'. This CR drives never seem to never let go of me. So here is one more 'dedication' to it from my side. This time around I was out there playing a different role. I was out there as a volunteer.

It was around 10:30 a.m. when I reached the T&P cell of our college. Aztec Soft had come for campus recruitment. It had a panel of 3 members, 2 technical and 1 HR. (1 of the members of the panel; was an alumnus of B.I.E.T.) I was a bit late so missed out the ppt. I heard from my friends that it was pretty impressive. When I reached there, every one was all set to take the written test.

The test was taken by students from 3 colleges, B.I.E.T., G.M.I.T. and JNNCE. Nearly 105 students took the written test. The eligibility being 64% with no backlogs or 65% with 1 backlog. I just got a chance to glance through the paper and it seemed ok. It had a few verbal stuff, a few apti questions and a program (to reverse a given string). The test was carried out in 3 rooms.

By the time I I got back to college after the luncheon, the results were already out. 40 people were short listed for GD. There were divided in to 4 grps of 10 students each. About 11 students from E&C, B.I.E.T., had made it int to GD round.

The GD started by around 2:00 PM and continued up to nearly 3:00 PM. After that was a break of 20+ minutes. Then we had the results of GD. 28 had missed out leaving behind, 12 ppl to face the 'final battle’. The shorlisted students were asked to fill a resume given by Aztec soft.

The interviews began by around 3:30 PM, it had 2 technical panels. ist panel interviewed students from no 1- 6 in the shortlist and 2nd panel interviewed students from no 7-12, as per the list. My friend attednded the panel 1. Amidst all this I could see those very tense, anxious faces, preparing even until the last minute, (much like I did before my interview @ mindtree).

The interviews followed a pattern where in ppl who had made it through the tech interview only, were asked to attend the HR. So I guess the final results were unofficially proclaimed even before the final verdict was out.

Nevertheless an official declaration came by about 7:45 PM. The selected students were all given T-shirts from Aztec soft... Hurray!!! There was jubilation in them... The company had taken, finally 7 students, 4 - B.I.E.T., 2- G.M.I.T. , and 1- and JNNCE. The selected students seemed to be right on top of the world. Their patience had finally paid off, they now had a job offer from Aztec Soft, an offer worth 2.4 Lac/annum.

But the results also have this 'dark side’, that leaves a few of them still longing for that 'million dollar moment'. I tell them, "Guys every dark cloud has a silver lining! Just be patient and u will soon have ur day :)".

By around 8:15 PM, we were @ 'RB', for a promised treat from my friend.. I could sense,his happiness. It was at its zenith. After those 7 consecutive 'failures' in a row. He had finally made it 'big'. We met the panel from Aztec soft @ 'RB', who also happened to be out there after a long hectic day. I enjoyed with my friends and the party just seemed to prolong. (I had to back myself out after 9:45 P.M. with my friend, since it was getting late.) I left the party half heartedly... I congratulated him again for his success and thanked him for throwing at us, such a wonderful party. It was really a nice treat.

The rest is joy, merry, jubilation and every word that symbolizes happiness and festivity.

PS: The fruits of patience are always sweet, but one only needs to be persevering.

Digg this